Are you journalist or writer wanting to build your career in Ireland’s media? Do you want to contribute to Ireland’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT+) community? Then the GCN Editorial Assistant position could be for you!
As GCN’s Editorial Assistant you will assist the Managing Editor on a daily basis in the creating and production of GCN magazine. You will lead GCN’s mission to provide Ireland’s LGBT+ community with full listings of everything that’s going on in LGBT Ireland. You will also be part of the Web Content team, creating blog posts, articles, infographics, listicles, and other content for gcn.ie to help GCN grow and engage with our audience. You will be part of an exciting editorial team, enhancing GCN’s presence in print and online.
Benefits: There are tons of reasons to join the GCN team. Here are a select few: Community: GCN is Ireland’s longest running LGBT+ publication, and gcn.ie is our ever-growing online presence which provides up-to-the-minute LGBT+ content. Working with GCN you’ll get to make a difference to tens of thousands of LGBT+ people in Ireland. Location: The successful candidate will get to join our tight-knit crew in our centrally located offices.
Work environment: GCN Towers is a bright and open plan office which facilitates a relaxed work environment and allows each department to collaborate together.
Experience: You’ll gain hands-on experience in content creation, copywriting, journalism, social media management, SEO and Wordpress with the scope to introduce new initiatives.
Networking: Regular contact with media reps and PR agencies will give you valuable media connections in Ireland.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assisting the Managing Editor
- Writing of features, interviews and other content for GCN magazine
- Picture research for features, interviews and other content for GCN magazine
- Management, monitoring and updating of all GCN community listings, printed on online
- Creating news and feature content for GCN.ie • Liaising day-to-day with Web Content Developer to suggest/create news and feature content for GCN.ie
- Using Wordpress content management system to update GCN.ie • Managing, monitoring and updating of all GCN social listings online
- Being part of the GCN staff team in the creative development of GCN online and in print
- Being part of the GCN staff team in the creative development and staging of events
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 23
- Excellent writing skills, Social Media Operating, computer literate
Please apply here.