Senior Account Manager - Agenda Communications
Senior Account Manager
Based out of our Dublin Office with travel to our International Client locations
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience
The Organisation & Role Overview
Agenda Communications is an Association Management company with over 30 years’ experience in the management of European and International professional medical associations and the organisation of large-scale scientific/medical congresses. The company’s distinct approach to Association Management has led to the development of a strong European client base.
Employing over 35 staff in our Blackrock offices, we oversee all aspects of Association Management including congress and meeting management, programme development, membership services, exhibition management, advertising and marketing management and financial management.
As part of our continued growth, we are now seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Account Manager to join our team. This is an exciting new role, ideal for an individual looking to progress their career in this field.
The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for overseeing the activities of up to five clients. A key component of the role is ensuring the smooth execution of all client projects.
The Senior Account Manager will be expected to consult and partner with clients, stakeholders and internal team members to conceptualise, develop and market client activities, taking into consideration each particular client’s aims, audiences and culture.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Client / Stakeholder Management:
- Manage, maintain and enhance client and stakeholder relationships;
- Work proactively with a portfolio of clients to not only deliver, but to exceed their expectations on an ongoing basis;
- Work closely with the internal team to maximise the impact of client service delivery;
- Regularly review and analyse client experience to identify possible areas for improvements.
Event Management and Coordination:
- Create, maintain and manage the delivery of key events for clients;
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of event operation from initial briefing, to venue selection, logistics, operations, exhibition management, programme schedules and agendas to post event evaluation;
- Develop timelines, project management task lists, and divisions of duties for events;
- Oversee and coordinate all activities and communications for clients;
- Organise and schedule board and secretariat functions.
- Co-ordinate with the Finance team and maintain oversight of client budgets including expenditure and budgetary control;
- Ensure regular notification to senior management and the client of the status of the budget while ensuring that potential or actual budget variances are specifically highlighted and actioned.
Key requirements for the position of the Senior Account Manager include:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience including planning and organising cutting edge events;
- Demonstrated progression of the industry/career including full ownership/responsibility for events;
- Proven strong relationship management skills and ability to develop and nurture relationships across a diverse range of stakeholder groups;
- Solid business acumen and commercial awareness;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Proven capacity to motivate and lead staff in a team environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Flexibility to travel internationally on a frequent (but generally planned) basis.
- Direct experience within the pharmaceutical or medical sector at national and/or international level.
Please send a cover letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae marked for the attention of Derek McKay, our HR Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries can be directed to Derek at (01) 561 3594 or email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm Friday 20th April 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Agenda Communications & Conference Service Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer